Loading...

Do not grow slack in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in tribulation, steadfast in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the holy ones, exercise hospitality. ~ Romans 12:11-13


Nov 30, 2012

Learning and Practicing Multiplication

Two of my kids are learning to multiply. Really, they learned it late last school year, but they need a BIG refresher! 
To help them, I printed off sheets with the times tables on them. (One of each for each child)  
I got my sheets from: math-drills.com
I laminated them, even fact tables on one side and odd on the other. So I used half the laminate. 
Now each day as they wait for me to finish up with my other kids they can practice their multiplication tables quietly. They use a thin-point dry erase marker on the laminate sheets and I can reuse the sheets again and again for them and other kids, too! 

I also laminated the answer key so they can correct the sheets themselves or my older kids can help with that too! (It's a great refresher to the bigger kids as well!!) I marked the answer key title with red marker so I could easy tell them apart. 
Please note: If all 100 facts seem like too much for your child,  feel free to tell them to do only a few rows or half the page! The 100 facts can freak them out at first!!
Another thing to note is that you may get some markers that are more stubborn and don't want to erase 100%  from the laminate. I use a little rubbing alcohol on a tissue to help remove it. 
I works great most of the time!! ;-)

Hope you have a great school week! 
We will be working on our science fair projects! 
God Bless!
~Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, for some reason I am having a hard time leaving a comment on Catholic Inspired. Not your problem...I'm sure it is *me*! Anyway, I loved your baby Jesus printable that Rachel drew and Rebekah colored. Your daughters are definitely following in your talented footsteps! Thanks to you and your daughters for sharing your talents with all of us. I hope you all are having a wonderful Advent. Love this idea above, too. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, I've been trying to figure out what to do with the comments on Catholic Inspired; after I moved the blog it's had a few problems. It might be better for you now - I hope!! But it's still not quite right.
      Anyway, I'll be sure to let the girls see your comment! They will enjoy it! Thanks so much. Blessings to you and the family!

      Delete

 
TOP