Loading...

Do not grow slack in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in tribulation, steadfast in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the holy ones, exercise hospitality. ~ Romans 12:11-13


Mar 22, 2013

Another "Fun" Week!

Some weeks I just don't want to get out of bed! The week started out with another cold -no hives or anything, just a cold.... I guess that's a good thing. At least it wasn't a trip to the hospital or crazy, itchy  welts that cover the body! ;-) 

But the cold hit hard and strong. All of us got it except Hannah, Joshua and Elizabeth. It's nice that Elizabeth was given a break from this. She had a hard week last week!!  Sadly, I'm sure the other three will have it by next week.
Amazingly, Jon got it! He seems to have a great immune system, but he's had a hard winter this year, too! To my dismay, my sick hubby had to go snake the kitchen/master-bath room drain line. AGAIN!!!!!!  The water was backing up into our tub and sinks, again!!! Yuk!  I lost count of the number of times he had to snake the line. This has once again shown us how bad the plumbing is in this house!! I'm not sure who the plumber was that put the plumbing in this house but If I did knew I would tell you NEVER to hire him!! Plumbing should never run up-hill and I even know that! But we had plumbing pipes that were curved up! The problem is that the bad plumbing line is behind two of the walls and in the ceiling of Hannah and Elizabeth's bedroom! So that means we have to find a spot for the two girls to sleep so we can rip the walls and ceiling out to fix the plumbing! We had a plumber look at the problem and he said it would be $2000 just to fix the plumbing. Now that doesn't include repairs to the walls and ceiling that will also need to be repaired after the plumbing work is finished!! I know the plumbing repairs are turning into a necessity, but we are just having a hard time dishing out the $$$. 

Well, for now I'm just trying to get the school year done and all the sicknesses and plumbing problems are making that hard. We were hoping the plumbing repairs could wait until summer, but for now my sick hubby is downstairs working hard to get a kitchen sink to drain, so I can finish washing my dishes! I'm upstairs wiping sore noses and reassuring the kids that the horrible sewer smell will be gone soon! Perhaps the cold is a bit of a blessing, otherwise the smell would seem much worse!!

Please, pray for us. Jon has never had this hard of a time getting the line to drain, and he fears that the time has come to rip the walls and ceilings out! My school year has been a stress already without the stress of no running water for a few days!  And having to repair a few walls and ceilings doesn't sound fun ether!!
Please, pray!
~Jen
P.S. Jon has also taken a rather large pay cut ($60 a week) due to the rising cost of health insurance!
All thanks to Obama and his government funded healthcare!!  
Like Lora said, "When it rains it pours!" 

2 comments:

 
TOP